On the Road Again

Assistant Principal Moves On

Mr. Magic Mike

Mr. Magic Mike

It is a sad time in the building when we have to say goodbye to an admirable administrator. Mr. Mike Murawski has been West Geauga High School’s assistant principal for 2 years, but will not be returning next school year.

“West G has been such a fun place to work for these past two years!” he said. One of his favorite parts of the job includes the relationships he has formed with many of the staff members and students. He has also enjoyed spending time in the classrooms and “watching quality teaching and learning taking place.” His own children attended West G, so being able to walk the halls they did made his job even more enjoyable. However, some parts of the job are not as fun. The most troubling part of the job was having to suspend students. “Most of the time when I suspended someone, it was for a poor decision that, hopefully, won’t be made again.”

Not only has Mr. Murawski been an assistant principal, but he has worked as a principal, teacher, and substitute teacher; he’s been in the business for an amazing 34 years. He gained most of his experience through the Cleveland Public school system where he worked for 29 years of his career. He has many skills and abilities that West G will miss, but they won’t go to waste because he plans to continue working in even more schools after West G. He hopes to get positions as a substitute teacher or a substitute administrator.

These last two year he has built a strong rapport with the students and the staff that won’t be forgotten. His two years here have, “…been amazing” and he says he will miss “everything !” West G will, no doubt, miss him as well.

We wish the best of luck to Mr. Murawski as he is, “On the road Again.”