Try Not to “Badger” the Help

Former Berkshire Employee joins the Wolverine Nation

Porter People in Person

There is a new face in the office at West Geauga High School for the 2016 school year. Mrs. Lisa Porter has replaced Mrs. Pam Mihalik (who transferred over to Westwood) as the teacher’s secretary / office assistant. While new to West Geauga, Mrs. Porter is no stranger to school employment. She went back to work after her two daughters started school full time in 2004. Lindsay graduated in 2013 and Rebecca graduated in 2015 from Berkshire. As an active substitute at Berkshire, it was convenient that it kept her on the same schedule as her children.  After subbing for many years, she also worked in the guidance office.

Coming to West G has been a rather big change for Mrs. Porter. Berkshire is a much smaller district where everyone knows everyone. She said, “My daughters were in classes with some of the same kids for their entire time at Berkshire.” Along with she and her daughters going to Berkshire, she lives in Troy Township with her husband, Mike.

Her daughter Lindsay is studying music education at Ohio Northern, while Rebecca is attending Allegheny College. Mrs. Porter went to Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York where she majored in math with a minor in physics.

As for being new to the building, she is enjoying the welcoming and friendly faces around the halls and in the office.  “I like that I get to interact with all kinds of people during the day: students, parents and teachers,” she said. Every day she is slowly (but surely) learning the students by sight.  When she left Berkshire she knew every student in the building, but she had been there a long time.  It will take her a little time here, as there are almost twice as many students. Mrs. Porter also noted, “Plus, I like the fact that nothing here is purple!”

For now, she is enjoying the welcoming and friendly faces around the halls and in the office here at West Geauga. Stop on in and introduce yourself !