You can Count on the Council

Student Council Starts Planning

As we begin the highly anticipated 2015-2016 school year, you might not be aware of the exciting planning that is going on behind the scenes of your day-to-day routines. Your student council is already beginning to coordinate many of the activities we look forward to throughout the year.

You might also not be aware, but we have student council to thank for events like the Homecoming Parade, the Homecoming Dance, Spirit Week, numerous Blood Drives that are held throughout the year, and the annual Snowball Dance. With a total of 115 members (not including freshmen) who meet at least once per month, Student Council keeps busy all year long to ensure that these events run smoothly and are enjoyable for everybody involved.

The Executive Board this year is made up of representatives from the junior and senior class, including Drew Heatwole, Hallie Fritzsche, Austin Maguire, Maria Tirabassi, and Bella Garcia, who oversee events and contribute significantly to event planning and preparation.     Mrs. Stephanie Meyers (formerly Ms. Rischar), is the advisor of the entire council and always sees to it that events, activities, and meetings run smoothly.

When asked what she is looking forward to most this year, Mrs. Meyers said, “We have a great group of officers and a great group of representatives! I can’t wait to see what we accomplish this year!

We look forward to the great year that student council has planned for us. And remember, they are always open to new suggestions and ideas for events or activities. If you have ideas, don’t hesitate to talk to one of your class officers!