Takin’ Care of Business

West G is all business at JA Titan

Team West G is TCOB !

On April 17th, multiple business students from West Geauga High competed in the Junior Achievement Titan competition, which was held at the Parker Hannifin Corporation headquarters. The purpose of this program is to allow students to operate a virtual company through a Web-based simulation. Success depends on the decisions they make regarding their product’s price, along with their company’s marketing, business practices, research, and development.

Preparation for the competition includes practice with the simulation once per week for approximately 3 months. Through this challenge, West G’s students proved they have what it takes. Business teacher and team advisor, Ms. Danielle Emans noted,          “[This] was the first time in JA Titan history that a school had teams place in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!” This is an amazing accomplishment and the students and advisor are to be congratulated.

The champion team consisted of Sydney Hanford, Sean Vactor, Alyssa Pecharka, and Nick Kimble. Members of the runners – up were Shelby Deacon, Carmen Engoglia, Theresa Difranco, and Megan Szucs. Rounding out the award – winning roster on the 3rd place team was Olivia Pecharka, Kristen Redwood, Alexis Ange, and Grace Barber.

This was a great accomplishment for all, as there were a total of 24 teams present at the competition from the greater Cleveland area. Awards ranged from $25 to $75.

Once again, a BIG congratulations goes out to all members, as well as Ms. Emans, as they are now qualified to compete in the National Competition for a chance to win $1,500!