College Fair Rocked the House

2nd Annual Fair Well Attended

Kick Starting College

West Geauga High School hosted the second annual college fair on Monday, April 27th from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. The event was open to all area students and families. It featured speakers who discussed various aspects of collegiate life and curriculum, including Tracy Shuman of The Ohio State Unviersity,  James A Troha, Ph.D of Juniata College (and a PROUD West Geauga graduate), and Claudia Wenzel of John Carroll University. They discussed high school class choices for the college bound, how to choose a college, and what students need to know about paying for college. There were also admission counselors and representatives from area colleges, along with test preparation and college/financial consultants.

These fairs are spread across the state and provide easy access to numerous area colleges and universities. Since last year, the fair has been making every attempt to invite a diverse range of colleges and universities for students and parents to explore together. The fair is a great opportunity for students to learn more about different colleges and universities they might be interested in, as well as exploring possible majors.  It also provided a chance for students to engage in productive conversations with college representatives. “It was a very good experience, noted junior, Nick Darrah, “for young students to get a head start on picking colleges.”

The college selection process can be difficult, and the Geauga County Kickstart College Fair made every attempt to make the process as easy as possible. It was a great opportunity that you should definitely take advantage of in the future if another one is offered. Juniors and seniors are highly encouraged to participate!  “For those new to the process, it was a stepping stone in the right direction,” said Isaac Meister, junior.

If you have any questions or would like more information, contact the guidance counselors.  A special thanks to the West Geauga Education Foundation for organizing, presenting and sponsoring this event ! Junior Dan Matic, who moved to West Geauga this year from Mayfield, loved the event: “It was cool.”

We hope we saw you there !