A King and His Court

King of Hearts to be Crowned at Snowball Dance

Standing L to R - November, Barber, Williams. Sitting L to R Rossbach, Alcorn

Standing L to R – November, Barber, Williams. Sitting L to R Rossbach, Alcorn

Jake Barber is super excited to be a member of the King of Hearts court.  He is adored by many and disliked by none, some people even consider him a legend.  During the fall, you can find him on the sidelines at the football games, cheering n his teammates and keeping them hydrated.  During weekends, he is glued to the TV watching The Notebook over and over again.  On school nights he spends countless hours studying to keep his 3.7 GPA.  Please vote for Jake, the perfect example of a student athlete at West G.

You might have seen Rob Alcorn walking the halls, but he can’t see you…but that doesn’t stop him from being actively involved in school activities.  Robbie is a four year varsity letter winner and two time district qualifier in wrestling.  In his free time, Rob enjoys working out, hanging out with friends, and eating at Five Guys.  After graduation Robbie might attend Slippery Rock University to train in Judo, hoping to possibly qualify for the paralympics.

Danny November is an excellent candidate for this year’s King of Hearts.  He displays passion for West Geauga High School, especially when it comes to football.   Danny played for the Wolverine football team for four years and was one of the varsity captains this year. During the school day, you can often find Danny going through the garbage, collecting cans and bottles for the recycling program.  You might be unable to recognize Danny due to his new haircut.  With his new style, he was able to donate 16 inches of his hair to Wigs for Kids.  If you are looking for Danny during 5th period, you will find him in Mrs. Jahnke’s room as an art assistant.  Danny November is very honored to represent West Geauga High School as a candidate for this year’s King of Hearts.

Beau Rossbach would, first off, like to thank everyone who gave him the opportunity to be on the King of Hearts Court and he is surrounded by a great group of guys.  He takes pride in maintaining his 3.9 GPA on top of his other favorite hobbies.  One of the largest parts of his life, besides his French bulldog, Ace, is hockey.  Ranked in the top 2 teams in America, Beau is in his last season with the U-18 Cleveland Barons and finds himself traveling all over the country and world for games and tournaments.  After graduation, he hopes to be drafted into the US Hockey League, while also working towards becoming an entrepreneur or physician.

You have probably seen Curt Williams on the football field in the fall or running around it during track season. In addition to just participating in the sports, he was also football captain and is extensively involved in the school and community. He is student council president, a volunteer at Parkside church, an assistant editor on the Whirlwind school newspaper staff, a freshmen mentor, and a member of the National Honor Society. Curt is always willing to help out anyone who needs it and never fails to make everyone around him smile.