Here’s to YOU, Ms. Robinson

Graduation Time for the Class of 2020

My West G experience all started out in the sixth grade when I came to West Geauga. At first I attended Richmond Heights. My parents sent me to West G because they heard how wonderful the school system is. My first day I was a little bit scared, but it turned out to be a good day. I remember it like yesterday; two girls walked up to me in the hallway and said hi to me. Although the school is not very diverse, it was very welcoming. The teachers at the middle school were very helpful and understanding.

Although middle school was a blink for me, it was great to make plenty of friends. I can still call them my friend as of today. Sooner than I knew it, high school came along. My first day as a highschooler, it was very hard to remember where all of my classes were. But, as the days went along, it became easier. High school is no different than middle school. The only difference is the teachers try to help you to become independent. It is your job to turn in all assignments on time, no more holding hands. High school is also when you find the “real” you and figure out who your true friends are. But soon you realize that people come and go.

I did not get to participate in the usual senior activities, but my time at West Geauga has been amazing. I was accepted and never had a hard time at the school. The staff and the students are nice and amazing.  One of my favorite staff members at West Geauga is Mr. Krippel. He was an assistant principal at the middle school but moved up to the high school this year. From tears in his office to joy, I would go to his office when I was having a bad day and we’d talk about it. He would also help me with math problems and with my study islands.

There are plenty of teachers who made my high school years great. A few of them, Mr. Boylan, thanks for always keeping a smile on my face. Mrs. Ledman, thank you for always putting your students’ opinions first and also for helping me. I am not the best at science, but you helped me whenever I needed it. One last person would be Officer Rich. Whenever I had something going on, he would listen; he was a great person to talk to. I guess you can say like a therapist. I truly appreciate everyone at West Geauga. Thank you all for my wonderful experience.

Lastly, I would like to thank other people. First, my parents ! Thanks for believing in me and for being a part of my school journey. Thanks for finding a school that would give me great opportunities. I also would like to thank everyone in my circle for pushing me to be the person I am today. I would also like to thank my biggest fan, my boss. He read all my articles. He knows when I’m having a bad day and motivates me to keep going. There are times when I feel as if my world is crumbling and he guides me to the right path.

One of my favorite quotes is from Maya Angelou: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you make them feel.”

I am glad to say I am a West Geauga graduate and that I am logging off.