Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

Let the Good Times Roll

Many know her as Senora Crossman, Madame Crossman, and even “Momma Crossy !” No matter what name she goes by, she’s one of the most energetic, light- hearted people in the building.  Not only does she teach Spanish, but she also teaches French; and she wants YOU to sign up for her class !

Next year, for the 2020-2021 academic year, the curriculum will be expanding to not only French I but also French II.  “Momma Crossy” encourages as many students as possible to sign up for the class as the courses continue to grow and expand.

This class will include many “real life” French experiences and offer a look into the French culture.  Not only does Mrs. Crossman  teach information from the textbook, but she also shows videos, uses quizlet, flashcards, and many other tools to keep students interested.  Mrs. Crossman never fails to keep her students energetic and engaged, and you ́re guaranteed a great year.

Also included in the class are many interesting projects, especially those including food ! Mardi Gras and La Chandelaur (National Crepe Day) are two of the big ones that offer students a chance at “education through eating.” Does that sound awesome ? If that’s not enough, many students in French class are also part of the World Language Club and they are possibly planning a trip to Europe in 2021, 2022 or 2023.

Foreign languages are always very interesting because students don’t have a lot of  prior knowledge coming into the course, but learning languages looks great on college applications and makes a person more marketable.

Mrs. Crossman said, ¨French is a global language spoken around the world and we learn so many interesting things about 33 different countries. In addition, up to 30% of the words in English have their roots in the French language.¨

French is open to all students, grades 9-12, and Mrs. Crossman encourages all to try to find time in their schedules to join the French family!