HOCO 2020 Finishes Spirit Week

Homecoming and Powderpuff Rock WG !

Back to Article
Back to Article

HOCO 2020 Finishes Spirit Week

Monday, September 23, 2019, marked the first day of autumn, and, in addition, the week of the West Geauga High School homecoming dance. Being the week of homecoming, it was also “spirit week” here at the high school; we had some exciting themes this year for the students to participate in.

Monday was Pajama day! Robes, slippers, onesie’s…get cozy!

Tuesday promoted Twin day! Match outfits with your BFF!

Wednesday promoted Color wars! Freshman and juniors were to wear red, and the sophomores and seniors are sporting blue!

Thursday: was the traditional College shirt day! Rep your favorite college!

Friday…we all know that: Friday Football.

When asked about spirit week, senior coordinator Amelia Prexta said, “We hope to get everyone excited this year for spirit week, which is why we tried to use themes that everyone can participate in. I’ve [was] hanging up posters about this week for a few days now, so hopefully making it relatable will help with the school spirit. Go Wolverines!” Participants had the chance to win gift cards from Chic-fil-A, Target, Amazon, and more!

Wednesday’s festivities included the annual Powder Puff football game where the junior and senior girls compete in a flag football game. As is often the case, the seniors emerged victorious by a final score of 20 – 12. Seniors Jenna Ritt and Jolee Simone commented, “Powderpuff went great…it was really fun and the seniors did awesome.”

Friday’s festivities included the Wolverines defeating Orange 25 – 13 in the football game. Senior Harrison Gruber said, “Orange had beaten us three of the past six years, so we took it to them.”

Additionally, seniors Eli Harvey and Bella Burkhard were crowned king and queen. Bella summed up the week saying, “I had an amazing week and I am so grateful for everyone who was there with me and supportive.” Senior Jake Carcelli echoed these sentiments: “It was a fun way to start the senior year with the Class of 2020.”