Filed under People in the News

Dwyer Joins Faculty

New Intervention Specialist Comes to West Geauga in 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dwyer Joins Faculty

As the 2018 – 2019 school year began, West Geauga, like most places did not stand still. As we all know, “Change is inevitable,” “Time marches on,” and, “The more things change, the more they stay the same,” can apply to most places in most times. West Geauga’s staff is no different. Whirlwind would like to proudly introduce one of our new staff members here at the high school, Mrs. Lisa Dwyer, a new intervention specialist.

Mrs. Dwyer has comes to West G. with plenty of experience, being an intervention specialist with 8 years on her resume. She previously spent time as a social worker at Geauga County Job and Family Services. Besides Mrs. Dwyer’s educational accomplishments, she has also worked in the child protection unit at Geauga County Job and Family Services and also worked at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Autism.

Her previous educational experiences attracted Mrs. Dwyer into the field when she was a high school student. “I struggled in school and, if it was not for my teachers, I would have not been where I am today. I want to pay it forward to the next generation,” she said. Here at West G, she is working with students as a co – teacher in both Mr. Boylan’s and Mr. Marino’s classes. “Mrs. Dwyer has been an excellent addition to our classroom,” Marino said. “She hit the ground running and has not missed a step.”

In addition to her “kids” at work, Mrs. Dwyer has three children of her own: Declan, 6, Harper 3, and Lochlan 10 months. In case you are wondering (we did…), the names are of Irish origin. She has been married too her husband, Kevin, for 10 years. “I am very creative.  I love to do arts and crafts.  I dabble in all sorts of creative things.  I also enjoy gardening and working with perennials,” she noted..

Mrs. Dwyer attended Lake Catholic High School and then Baldwin-Wallace University for her undergraduate degree. She earned her master degree from Notre Dame College.

Mrs. Dwyer is very social so stop her in the hallways or stop by Room 111 to say hello.