The Future’s So Bright…We Gotta’ Wear Shades

Boys Cross Country is Shining

Photo Courtesy Pastor Photo

The West Geauga high school boys cross country team is having a great season despite their young membership. Led by their team captain, senior, Aidan Bryson, the boys are looking to him for his experience with the sport.

Despite their youth, however, it is, ironically, two freshmen members of the team, Johnny Patterson and Ken Kirk, who have consistently been the number one and two runners all year.

The team finished second at both the McDonough Invitational and at Andrews Osborne Academy tournament. Other top runners this season have been juniors, Ben Mihacevich, Ken Kirk, and Brandon Preda, and sophomore Joey Tirabassi. With districts and regionals still approaching on October 21st and October 28th, veteran head coach Mr. John Boylan has high hopes and expectations for the end – of – the – season tournaments. When asked about next season, Mr. Boylan proudly stated that he is, “Really looking forward to next year, with a great nucleus returning.” Flashing back to the 80’s veteran that he is, Boylan added, “Our futures so bright we gotta wear shades.” (ADVISOR’S NOTE – For those who do not know what that means, a quick YouTube search of “Timbuk 3” will clear it all up).

Congratulations to Freshmen Johnny Patterson and Ken Kirk who earned Second Team all-CVC Honors at the conference cross country championships this past weekend. Also being recognized were juniors Ben Mihacevich and Rich Kirk, who earned Honorable Mention.

Good Luck at Districts this weekend, boys.