Filed under People in the News

Music is What Feeling Good SOUNDS Like

West G's Music Department Welcomes Ms. Taylor Uvegas

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Ms. Taylor Uveges has marched right into a position on the West Geauga music staff for the 2017 – 2018 school year without missing a beat. (For those of you reading at home, there are 4 references to her position in the “musical” world in that lead…do you see them ?).

Ms. Uveges is originally from Bainbridge, Ohio and attended Notre Dame – Cathedral Latin High School. She then continued her education at Miami University in Oxford, OH, majoring in music education. She also minored in arts management while at Miami.

Music inspired Ms. Uveges when she was younger, as she was part of the band. Since high school she knew that being a music teacher is what she wanted to do for a career after college. She wanted to share her love of music with other people. She also wanted the students to receive the full experience of the band and all that it can offer. Apparently, this was the right choice, as Mr. Jason Branch, West Geauga’s marching band director noted, “Ms. Uveges has been a fantastic addition to the music department! Her strong work ethic and positive attitude have been great for the whole band!”

Prior to coming to West Geauga Mrs. Uveges worked in the Euclid district. Currently, she teaches 5th grade band, 6th grade band, 7th and 8th grade music, elementary music, and high school band. She also works with the West Geauga Marching Band after school. In addition to all of her present duties, the West Geauga music department is planning to start a steel drum band at the high school because of Mrs. Uveges.

Mrs. Uvegas loves to listen to music, read, cook, and spend time with her family and friends. Her parents and two younger sisters live near nearby, and she is especially proud of the family puppy named Chief.

An interesting fact about Ms. Uveges is that she has participated in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, as well as marching in the Presidential Inaugural Parade while in the Miami University Marching Band.

Mrs. Uveges said, ¨My first [few] weeks at West G have been fantastic! I have loved getting started with all of my classes and getting to know all of my students !¨