BC takes on AP and FB at WG

Brian Craemer is a New Staff Member and Coach at West Geauga

Hello, Coach, Mom and Arthur !

After working at his alma mater for seven years, former social studies teacher and head football coach, Mr. Lou Cirino, left West Geauga High School, accepting a position at Strongsville. After a lengthy interview process last spring, West Geauga made way for a new staff member, Mr. Brian Craemer. Mr. Craemer can now be found in Mr. Cirino’s (and before him former football coach Mr. Matt Rosati’s) old classroom, 105. Mr. Craemer is entering his fourth year as a full time teacher, along with 13 years of coaching football and 5 years coaching wrestling.

Originally from Burton, OH, Coach Craemer attended Berkshire High School and went on to graduate from Kent State University. He participated in football, wrestling, track, and baseball while in school. Mr. Craemer began his teaching career by working as a substitute at Kenston, Solon, and, yes, even West Geauga. Before becoming a full time Wolverine, Mr. Craemer taught social studies and was the head football coach at Painesville Harvey for three years. Keeping with the theme of social studies, his favorite subject to teach is Modern World History.

In 2014, Mr. Craemer married his wife, Sara. He now has an adorable six month old named Arthur David Craemer, who can be found at Friday night football games cheering on his dad and the Wolverines. “Make sure you talk about my son,” Craemer said with a smile, an obviously proud papa.

Whether in the classroom or as any athlete, Craemer has three simple expectations: be on time; do what’s right; always do your best. When asked how he hopes to make a name for himself as a new teacher/coach, he said, “I’m trying to facilitate an environment for students and players to reach their full potential.” He also reminded us that working as hard as you can in every aspect of life is very important, especially to him, and he regards that as one of his strongest qualities.

Mr. Craemer is excited to be here and is looking forward to helping AP Psychology students achieve 4’s and 5’s on the AP exam.